The India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) one of the largest setup under the department of post. Indian Post Payment bank offers multiple services such as digital saving bank account, current account, third party transfer, loans, insurance, etc. It is easy to open an account at Indian Post Payment Bank. You should be an Indian citizen with age 18 years and above. Your Aadhaar number should be linked with your mobile number to open a digital saving account. KYC verification is mandatory within one year of opening an account. You need to visit the nearest branch for KYC verification.
It is very easy to open Indian post payment bank account online. Here are steps to open Indian Post Payment Bank Account online.
Steps to open Indian Post Payment Bank Account Online
You need to download IPPB application on your mobile to open digital saving account. You can download this app from Google Play. Once you download this application on your mobile you need to follow the steps that are given below.
- Open IPPB Mobile banking app and click on the link – Open Your Account Now. By default DGSBA -Digital Saving Account would be selected option.
- You need to enter your mobile number and PAN card number. You will get OTP on your mobile number. Enter the OTP received on your mobile number for authentication.
- Next step is to fill up your personal details such as your name, address, educational qualification, nomination etc. On submitting this detail your account will be created.
- You can access this account via IPPB application. You need to provide your account number, customer ID, date of birth and mobile number in order register on IPPB application.
- Once you register and access your account on your mobile app, you will be prompted with OTP on your mobile.
- On successful authentication you will be asked to create Mobile PIN which is known as MPIN. Once your MPIN is created, you can access mobile banking services.
Features of Digital Saving account opened using IPPB
Digital saving account can be accessed anywhere anytime using IPPB mobile app.
You can manage your account and avail services such as account balance review, downloading account statement, transfer of funds within bank, transfer of funds to other bank accounts.
You can also pay your mobile, broadband, water, gas bills using mobile app. You can also update your nominee and communication address.
Opening digital account is very easy. You can open the account with a click of a button. Interest rate of 2.75% is offered on account balance. This amount is paid on quarterly basis.
This account can be opened with zero balance. You need not to maintain average monthly balance for this account. You can get free monthly e-statement every month. You can get multilingual customer support
Points to consider while opening IPPB Digital Saving Account
Your age should be 18 years and above in order to open IPPB digital saving account. You need to complete the KYC formalities in 12 months after opening the account.
A Maximum yearly cumulative deposit of 2 Lakh is allowed in the account. In case you don’t complete KYC within 12 months of opening account your account is subject to closure.
Digital Saving Account can be linked to a Post office saving account after completion of KYC within 12 months.
You can get door step banking service. You need to pay Rs.15 for every digital transaction. For cash transaction you need to pay Rs.25 per transaction.